Helpful information for applicants
We’ve compiled here some basic information about Finnish apartment terminology, the application process and what you can find from Kauhajoki, Finland. If you need any additional information, we recommend sending an email to our customer support – the contact details can be found from the end of this page or from the top navigation menu.
Glossary: terms used in Finnish apartment descriptions
Lähiosoite – Street address
Huoneet – Rooms
Pinta-ala – Total area of the apartment
Vuokra – Rent, euros per month
(number) h – number of rooms in the apartment
k – kitchen
kk – kitchenette
tk – open kitchen
s – sauna
soluasunto – shared flat, bedsit
Additional real estate terminology with Finnish-to-English translations can be found from Expat Finland (opens in a new tab).
How the application process works
1) Assess your housing needs and familiarise youself with our available apartments or send us an enquiry.
2) Fill out the application form electronically and save it (with Adobe Acrobat Fill & Sign) or print the application form and fill on paper.
3) Collect the required attachments; these may vary by individual depending on their circumstances – electronic or paper copies are alright, as long as they are legible.
4) Send the application to our office either by post or via email, you can find the contact details from the bottom of this page.
If there are properties which you would like to view, you can mention that in your application. Viewings are by appointment only between the hours of 9:00 and 15:45 EET/EEST, so please contact the office if you are interested in one.
Once the application form and all of the attachments are received, we will assess the application and contact you about the way forward in due course.
Additional information about applications
- The application is valid for one month. If the process of finding a suitable apartment takes longer than that, you can renew your application by phone or email.
- If anything changes in your circumstances during the application process, kindly inform us without delay so that the application can be amended.
- Should you wish to cancel your application for any reason, please let us know at your earliest convenience